SaaS Fundraising: How to Raise $20 Million for Your SaaS Startup
Pini Yakuel is the co-founder and CEO of Optimove, a SaaS product that uses its predictive customer modeling technology to help marketers understand customers and create personalized marketing campaigns.
The company was founded in 2009. It initially started out as a consulting business. And the co-founders used the consulting revenue to fund the SaaS business.
In 2012, they were offered $1.5 million in VC funding and turned it down. They continued self-funding the business until this year, when they raised $20 million in their first round.
Optimove is based in Tel Aviv and has offices in New York and London.
In This Episode You Will Learn
- How the co-founders came up with the right business idea
- How they were able to self-fund the business
- Why they walked away from $1.5 million in VC funding
- How they grew their idea into a business with over 100 employees
- How the founders raised $20 million in VC funding 4 years later