Here are the criteria that we use to select guests for the show:
- Founders: must be a founder of a B2B SaaS company. And they are still actively involved in running the company, usually as the CEO.
- SaaS Industry: must be working in the SaaS industry or have experience working with SaaS B2B companies.
- Annual Revenue: should be at least $100K ARR (if bootstrapped) or at least $1M ARR (if investor backed).
- Transparency: the guest faced significant failures and challenges and is willing to talk openly about the ‘good, bad, and ugly'.
Exceptions to these criteria are usually:
- Acquisitions: founders not involved anymore in the running of the company, but they sold the business and had a successful exit.
- Major Failure: the business failed and the founder lost over $100K (if bootstrapped) or $1M+ (if funded) and is willing to talk about it all.
- Subject-Matter Expert: people who can teach SaaS entrepreneurs e.g. marketing, research, sales, etc. Must have experience working with B2B SaaS companies.
We need to interview more:
- Female entrepreneurs
- Founders of B2B SaaS companies from outside the USA
- Entrepreneurs who can teach a skill or lesson to our audience
For Podcast Booking Agencies/Services
We reject 95% of pitches from podcast booking agencies/services. If you're pitching to us, then the chances are that you're also pitching the same guest to lots of other podcasts at the same time. And that usually results in the same interview being published by lots of podcasts around the same time – which we're not fans of.
If you still decide to pitch to us and don't hear from within a week, please assume we're not interested. There's no need to follow up.