Early-stage SaaS founders and entrepreneurs.
Most episodes are interviews with founders of B2B SaaS companies where they share their story, successes and failures, and actionable insights for our audience.
Here's the general criteria we use to select guests for the show:
- Founders: must be a founder of a B2B SaaS company. They are still actively involved in running the company, usually as the CEO.
- SaaS Industry: must be working in the SaaS industry or have experience working with SaaS B2B companies.
- Annual Revenue: should be at least $300K ARR (if bootstrapped) or at least $1M ARR (if investor-backed).
- Transparency: the guest faced significant failures and challenges and is willing to talk openly about the ‘good, bad, and ugly'.
Exceptions to these criteria are usually:
- Acquisitions: founders who had a successful exit and aren't involved in running the company any longer.
- Major Failure: the business failed and the founder lost a significant amount of money and is willing to talk about it all.
- Subject-Matter Expert: people who can teach SaaS founders a hyper-specific topic that hasn't been covered on the show.
✅ Good example: “This person can teach how to do a successful Product Hunt launch and avoid 5 ‘rookie' mistakes”
❌ Bad example: “This person can talk about marketing, sales, or business development.”
For Podcast Booking Agencies/Services
We decline most pitches we receive from PR agencies and podcast booking services because we find that the same guest is usually also being pitched to lots of other podcasts at the same time.
And that usually results in the same ‘me too' interview being published by lots of podcasts around the same time – which we're not fans of.
However, we usually accept pitches from a handful of agencies and services that focus on ‘quality pitches vs. quantity pitches' and always propose highly relevant guests for this show.
If you're also one of those companies that builds relationships versus ‘copy and paste the same pitch to lots of podcasts' then we'd love to hear from you!