The SaaS Podcast
How This Bootstrapped Startup Went from Zero to $55K a Month – with Mogens Møller 
How This Bootstrapped Startup Went from Zero to $55K a Month
Mogens Møller is the co-founder and CEO of Sleeknote. A SaaS product that helps eCommerce sites get more email opt-ins, without affecting bounce rate and sales.
The company was founded in 2013 and is based in Aarhus, Denmark. Sleeknote currently has around 700 customers and generates $55,000 in monthly recurring revenue. And the business has been bootstrapped from day one.
In this episode we talk about:
- How the founders came up with the idea for the SaaS product while doing freelancing work for a client
- How the first version of the minimum viable product was developed and shipped in under 7 days
- A major mistake they made by trying to focus on too broad a market for almost a year
- How they got traction and achieved success by niching down and focusing on a segment with the market
- What they did to get traction and go from zero to $55,000 per month
- “A user interface is like a joke. If you have to explain it, it’s not that good.” by Martin LeBlanc
- “The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People: Powerful Lessons in Personal Change” by Stephen R. Covey