Part 1 – How Andrew Wilkinson Bootstrapped a Multi-Million Dollar Design Agency
Andrew Wilkinson is the founder of MetaLab and Flow. Metalab is a design agency that Andrew founded when he was just 20 years old and has grown it into a business with over 60 employees. MetaLab is the design team behind Slack which is now valued at $2.8 billion. And Flow is a task management SaaS application for teams which is used by companies like Etsy, Tesla, Adobe, and TED.
In this episode we talk about:
- How Andrew turned Metalab into a multi-million dollar design agency
- How he met and partnered with Stewart Butterfield the founder of Slack
- How Andrew has built not one, but 3 multi-million dollar businesses
- How he learned to manage his anxiety and use it to drive himself
- The advice that Andrews father gave him which forced him to grow his business