Is there someone that you'd like to see interviewed on The SaaS Podcast?
The goal of the podcast is to help our target audience (SaaS founders and entrepreneurs) by sharing inspiring stories, lessons learned from failures, and specific tactics they can apply to their own businesses.
We focus on the business of software (customer development, marketing, growth, etc.). And 90% of the lessons we share will apply to all types of entrepreneurs in any industry.
Here are the criteria that we use to select guests for the show:
- Founders: must be a founder of a B2B SaaS company. And they are still actively involved in running the company, usually as the CEO.
- SaaS Industry: must be working in the SaaS industry or have experience working with SaaS B2B companies.
- Annual Revenue: should be at least $100K ARR (if bootstrapped) or at least $1M ARR (if investor-backed).
- Transparency: the guest faced significant failures and challenges and is willing to talk openly about the ‘good, bad, and ugly'.
Exceptions to these criteria are usually:
- Acquisitions: founders that are not involved anymore in the running of the company, but they sold the business and had a successful exit.
- Major Failure: the business failed and the founder lost over $100K (if bootstrapped) or $1M+ (if funded) and is willing to talk about it all.
- Subject-Matter Expert: people who can teach SaaS founders a hyper-specific topic that hasn't already been covered on the show.
✅ Good example: “This person can teach how to do a successful Product Hunt launch and avoid 5 ‘rookie' mistakes”
❌ Bad example: “This person can talk about marketing, sales, or business development.”
For Podcast Booking Agencies/Services
We reject 95% of pitches from podcast booking agencies/services. If you're pitching to us, then the chances are that you're also pitching the same guest to lots of other podcasts at the same time. And that usually results in the same interview being published by lots of podcasts around the same time – which we're not fans of.
If you still decide to pitch to us and don't hear from us in 4-6 weeks, please assume we're not interested. There's no need to follow up.