Why Stu McLaren Quit His Successful 7-Figure Software Business
Stu McLaren is the founder of Wishlist Member, a powerful and easy to use a plugin that can turn any WordPress site into a full-blown membership site. Wishlist Member powers over 54,000 online communities and membership sites worldwide. Stu is also the founder of Rhino Support, a helpdesk SaaS application.
Key Talking Points
- This is part 2 of the interview with Stu McLaren. In this episode, we talk about an announcement that he just made the day before this interview, where he decided to sell his stake in his software business and go do something else. Now Wishlist Member is doing really well – it's a multiple 7-figures a year business and Stu still has a great relationship with his partners. So why sell his stake? It's an interesting story and I think there are valuable lessons in there for all types of entrepreneurs on the importance of focus and what that really means.
- “Faith is to believe what you do not see; the reward of this faith is to see what you believe.” — St Augustine
- “Where you invest your love, you invest your life.” — Mumford & Sons
- “Essentialism” by Greg McKeown
- “The One Thing” by Gary Keller
Links & Resources Mentioned
- Stu McLaren – @StuMcLaren
- Omer Khan – @omerkhan