The SaaS Podcast
How to Use Sales Hustle to Build a Profitable 7-Figure SaaS Business – with Steli Efti 
How to Use Sales Hustle to Build a Profitable 7-Figure SaaS Business
Steli Efti is the co-founder and CEO of Close.io, a Y Combinator startup that helps to improve communication and customer management for salespeople.
Key Talking Points
- How Steli first founded Elastic, a company that provided a sales team on demand to startups and why that was critical to the success of Close.io.
- How an internal tool the company had built and used with their own salespeople for 2 years started to shake things up for Elastic.
- Why Steli and his co-founders didn't worry about the competition in the market including Salesforce, the 800-pound gorilla.
- How Close.io rapidly acquired customers and generated revenue without salespeople and by ‘out-teaching' their competitors.
- Why Steli believes that looking for a ‘great idea' before you get started with your business is a bad idea.
- “I tell my kids, what is the difference between a hero and a coward? What is the difference between being yellow and being brave? No difference. Only what you do. They both feel the same. They both fear dying and getting hurt. The man who is yellow refuses to face up to what he’s got to face. The hero is more disciplined and he fights those feelings off and he does what he has to do. But they both feel the same, the hero and the coward. People who watch you judge you on what you do, not how you feel.”
– Cus D'amato (Legendary Boxing Trainer)
- “The Paypal Wars” by Eric M. Jackson