Maximizing Your SaaS Customer Lifetime Value
Aseem Badshah is the co-founder and CEO of Socedo, a platform for sales teams that helps them generate relevant leads based on social media data. The company was founded in 2012 and has raised $1.5 million to date. Before launching Socedo, my guest founded and ran Uptown Treehouse, a digital marketing agency for Fortune 500 brands that focused on social media. Aseem shares how learned to maximize customer lifetime value (CLV) by asking his customers.
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- How Aseem came up with the idea for Socedo from a personal ‘itch' but had to wait several years before he could ‘scratch that itch' and launch a startup.
- A critical mistake the founders made early on which had them going down the completely wrong path and how they got their ‘aha' moment.
- How a simple but powerful question helped them maximize their customer lifetime value (CLV). They went from charging on average $50 per month when they started to $1000 per month today.
- The one metric that helped the team make better decisions every day and how it helped them to raise $1.5 million in funding.
- “Crossing the Chasm” by Geoffrey A. Moore
The Show Notes
- Uptown Treehouse
- Aseem on Twitter
- Omer on Twitter