The SaaS Podcast
SaaS Content Marketing Strategy: Going from Zero to $45K MRR – with Christopher Gimmer 
SaaS Content Marketing Strategy: Going from Zero to $45K MRR
Christopher Gimmer is the co-founder and CEO of Snappa, a SaaS product that makes it easy to create online graphics in your browser.
Before launching Snappa, Christopher and his co-founder Marc built a student-only dating website. Although they got some early traction, the business quickly failed.
Later they built a website to help people find royalty free images online. They started blogging which helped them get traffic and slowly build an email list.
But it was a pain for them to create images for their blog posts. They sucked at using Photoshop and weren't designers. They wanted a simple tool for the job.
So one day, they emailed their list to find out if they had the same problem. It turns out that a lot of people did. And so they decided to build a tool to solve that problem.
And that's how Snappa was born.
In this episode you'll learn:
- The full story of how they went from a failed startup to launching Snappa.
- Some critical lessons they learned about customer development right.
- A simple but powerful SEO strategy they used to get consistent traffic.
- How they went from zero to over $45,000 in monthly recurring revenue (MRR).
I hope you enjoy it.
- “Lean Customer Development: Building Products Your Customers Will Buy” by Cindy Alvarez
- “Traction: A Startup Guide to Getting Customers” by
The Show Notes
SaaS Club Plus
Need help building, launching and growing your SaaS business? Join SaaS Club Plus and get the insights, motivation and support you need to succeed. Learn more about SaaS Club Plus.