SaaS Content Marketing Strategy: Going from Zero to $45K MRR
Christopher Gimmer is the co-founder and CEO of Snappa, a SaaS product that makes it easy to create online graphics in your browser.
Before launching Snappa, Christopher and his co-founder Marc built a student-only dating website. Although they got some early traction, the business quickly failed.
Later they built a website to help people find royalty free images online. They started blogging which helped them get traffic and slowly build an email list.
But it was a pain for them to create images for their blog posts. They sucked at using Photoshop and weren't designers. They wanted a simple tool for the job.
So one day, they emailed their list to find out if they had the same problem. It turns out that a lot of people did. And so they decided to build a tool to solve that problem.
And that's how Snappa was born.
In this episode you'll learn:
- The full story of how they went from a failed startup to launching Snappa.
- Some critical lessons they learned about customer development right.
- A simple but powerful SEO strategy they used to get consistent traffic.
- How they went from zero to over $45,000 in monthly recurring revenue (MRR).
I hope you enjoy it.
- “Lean Customer Development: Building Products Your Customers Will Buy” by Cindy Alvarez
- “Traction: A Startup Guide to Getting Customers” by