How Project Management Uncertainty Helped Build a 7-Figure SaaS Business
Liz Pearce is the CEO of Seattle-based LiquidPlanner, the industry’s only priority-based, predictive online project management solution. LiquidPlanner was founded in 2006 and although Liz isn’t a founder, she joined the company before the product launched and so has been involved since the very early days. To date, Liquid Planner has raised over $11 million in funding.
Key Talking Points
- How two co-founders looked at how much uncertainty exists around project management and developed an idea for a software product.
- How Liz got involved with LiquidPlanner when she was 8.5 months pregnant and the co-founders were still trying to pick a business idea.
- What LiquidPlanner did to differentiate itself with a very limited set of features against established players with long lists of features.
- How a major flaw in the product led to customer dissatisfaction and 9 months work rebuilding significant aspects of the product.
- How Liz joined the company as director of marketing and rapidly took on bigger roles until she eventually became CEO.
- “Feed the Eagles and Starve the Turkeys” — Nilofer Merchant