The SaaS Podcast
How a Design Agency Turned Itself Into a 7-Figure SaaS Business – with Jim Belosic 
Jim Belosic is the founder and CEO of ShortStack, a tool that helps you build contents, sweepstakes and data collection forms that you can use on Facebook, mobile and the web to help you convert more of your online followers to leads and customers. Jim founded ShortStack in 2010 and has bootstrapped the company all the way.
Key Talking Points
- How Jim dropped out of college and worked as a freelance graphic artist with small businesses where he started doing ‘web stuff'.
- How his client list grew and eventually enabled Jim to launch his own design agency with a handful of employees.
- Where the idea for ShortStack came from and what Jim did to start turning this idea into a software product.
- How when faced with paying his mortgage or the company payroll, Jim choose the latter and faced dire consequences as result.
- How Jim handled marketing for the product with almost no budget — and it's not what you probably think.
- How ShortStack is on it's way to becoming an 8-figure software business.
- “You've got to jump off cliffs and build your wings on the way down.” – Ray Bradbury
- “Don't Make Me Think” by Steve Krug