How a Non-Technical Founder Bootstrapped a 6-Figure SaaS Business
Brecht Palombo is the founder of Distressed Pro, the home of BankProspector, a SaaS application that provides access to real-time updates for real-estate financials from some 14,000 banks and credit unions. He founded this business in 2009 and today has built a 6-figure business which he runs from on the road while traveling full-time with his wife and kids.
Key Talking Points
- How Brecht transitioned from being an auctioneer to a full-time non-technical software entrepreneur.
- Why focusing on a “niche of a niche of a niche” market has been critical to the success of Distressed Pro.
- How the first version of the product was a PDF document which Brecht was able to charge around $200 to each customer.
- Why Brecht regrets having started building the BankProspector product too soon and why he wishes he'd waited longer.
- How Brecht was able to show with data how his lack of focus directly impacted the growth of his software business.
- Why Brecht believes that it's critical to invalidate your product ideas instead of validating them.
- “Up, sluggard, and waste not life; in the grave will be sleeping enough.” – Benjamin Franklin
- “The Ultimate Sales Letter” by Dan Kennedy