The SaaS Podcast
How a Failed Startup Helped Build an 8-Figure SaaS Business – with Adam Schoenfeld 
How a Failed Startup Helped Build an 8-Figure SaaS Business
Adam Schoenfeld is the co-founder & CEO of Simply Measured, a leading social media analytics and measurement platform used by brands such as Samsung, Microsoft, American Express and Pepsi to name a few. Adam founded Simply Measured in 2010 along with his co-founders Aviel Ginzburg and Damon Cortesi. The company now has over 150 employees and to date has raised $29 million in venture capital funding.
Key Talking Points
- How the failure of Adam's first startup (Cheddar Media) was crucial in helping to build Simply Measured into an 8-figure business.
- What advice Adam has for aspiring entrepreneurs who are struggling to get to product/market fit with their own SaaS product.
- How Adam and his co-founders effectively positioned Simply Measured in a crowded market of social media analytics solutions.
- Why Adam and his co-founders launched their business before they even know what product they were going to build.
- How the first iteration of Simply Measured was a super-simple piece of software that the co-founders built over a weekend.
- What Simply Measured did to acquire customers paying $10/month and evolved that into customers paying $500/month and more.
- “It's the little details that are vital. Little things make big things happen.” – John Wooden
- “If you're not making mistakes, then you're not doing anything. I'm positive that a doer makes mistakes.” – John Wooden
- “Delivering Happiness: A Path to Profits, Passion, and Purpose” by Tony Hsieh