How a SaaS Startup is Disrupting the Eye Care Industry
Aaron Dallek is a serial entrepreneur who started his first business at the age of 14. He's currently the co-founder and CEO of Opternative, an online service that gives you a convenient way to get a prescription for glasses or contacts. With Opternative you complete an eye exam on your computer or tablet and get a prescription signed by a doctor without ever having to go to a doctor's office. The company was founded in 2012 and to date has raised $9.5 million in funding.
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- How the co-founders came up with the idea for their startup.
- How they recruited early users to help validate their prototype.
- The challenges of providing reliable and accurate eye exams in your home.
- The innovative solution the team developed using everyday technology.
- Why the eye industry is partnering with Opernative and trying to shut it down.
- The most important lesson Aaron has learned as a serial entrepreneur.
- ‘”The Art of the Start: The Time-Tested, Battle-Hardened Guide for Anyone Starting Anything” by Guy Kawasaki