The SaaS Podcast
How Nick Kellet Sold His Startup for Millions & Created a Board Game – with Nick Kellet 
Nick Kellet is the co-founder of Listly, a product that helps bloggers & publishers engage their ready with continuously evolving lists. According to Listly, 30% of all content on the web is built around lists. But these lists can quickly get stale and don't do much to engage the audience. So Listly, allows bloggers, content marketers and publishers to create interactive lists which they can embed on their own site or syndicate across other sites.
In 1999, Nick sold his software product called AnswerSets to Business Objects for over $8 million. A few years later, he came up with the idea for a board game while talking to his daughter. Without knowing anything about the toys & games business, he jumped into the deep and launched a new board game which has won multiple awards and sold almost 100,000 copies worldwide.
- “Everything around you that you call life was made up by people that were no smarter than you.” — Steve Jobs
- “The Obstacle Is the Way: The Timeless Art of Turning Trials into Triumph” by Ryan Holiday
- “Trust Me, I'm Lying: Confessions of a Media Manipulator” by Ryan Holiday
Links, Resources & People Mentioned
- Listly – @Listly
- AnswerSets – @
- GiftTrap – About GiftTRAP
- Shyam Subramanyan – Co-Founder, Listly
- Survey Monkey