The SaaS Podcast
How to Scratch Your Own Itch and Build a 6-Figure SaaS Business – with Josh Ledgard 
How to Scratch Your Own Itch and Build a 6-Figure SaaS Business
Josh is the co-founder of Kickoff Labs, a lead generation platform which provides easy to set up landing pages, combined with lead capture forms and email marketing to help you grow your customers. Josh and his co-founder Scott, launched Kickoff Labs in 2011 and since then have helped their customers generate over 3 million leads.
Key Talking Points
- Why Josh decided to quit his job and start a software business when his baby was just 6 months old.
- How many aspiring entrepreneurs are building minimum viable products (MVP) without the “viable” part.
- How the idea for Kickoff labs came from the founders trying to solve a problem they were having themselves.
- How Josh and his co-founder Scott effectively positioned their product in the market against their competitors.
- What the founders did when their first month after the ‘big' launch generated just $10 in revenue.
- How Josh marketed their product and acquired the initial customers in a very non-scalable way.
- How Josh and Scott grew the business and acquired over 1000 paying customers.
- “Do or do not. There is no try.” – Yoda
- “The 4 Hour Work Week” – Tim Ferris